Saturday, January 6, 2007

Loaning money to mom

So, for the good news, I go back to school tomorrow. I start work on Monday, which means that money will be "rolling" in. The other good news is I am completely separated from "complicated boy" (some other PF blogger refers to a boy as such, but I can't remember who right now. I'll add the credit later if I do). Which means, less money spent on dates, anniversaries, etc.

On the bad front, tonight I went grocery shopping with my mom. You could say, what? Why is that a bad idea? Well, my mom has been really sick in the month of December, and she took a lot of time off work so that she could care for me after the surgery. My parents aren't well off financially (okay - they're basically financially irresponsible), so money was very tight this week. I bought the groceries so that my parents could pay me back later when they had the money again. My mom said on Wednesday, so we'll see. Since my mom kind of sprung the idea on me, I had to charge it to my credit card. The good thing is that I will be making a 6% rebate because of my Citi Driver's Edge Platinum Select Mastercard. Hopefully the "loan" will be paid back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.