Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Excited to Spend Money

I was planning on going to bed early tonight, but instead, I just had to say, today, I was excited to spend money.

Yes, that's right, excited.

What did I spend it on? DVDs, CDs (no, not the good kind!), clothes? No, all wrong.

I bought my books for this upcoming semester.

Now, I'm not one of those students who is simply overcome with joy about school, so it's not that. It's the amount I spent on these books.

I spent $99.75. That includes tax and shipping. This is the first semester (okay, out of three, plus the two semesters in high school that I went to community college), where I have spent less than 100.00 dollars on books.

1st semester- fall '05 - 371.86
2nd semester - spring '06 - 242.37
3rd semester - fall '06 - 464.29

All three of the above semesters, I priced out the books, looking in the bookstore, on half.com, on amazon, on ebay, etc, trying to find the best deal. I probably could have saved money, and only spent about $70.00 if I had done that again, but I waited so long to order books, I wanted them to arrive on or before classes start on Monday. So I ordered them from the school bookstore. I bought used books mostly, and one new, and it was still only $100.00.

I am so excited.

No comments: